Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lil' Bunny pattern




















Lil bunny pattern (Original pattern by Caroline Chrisco)

Supplies:
ww yarn
“F’ hook
6mm safety eyes
Fiberfill stuffing
Embroidery thread
Needles

Pattern is worked in continuous rounds unless noted otherwise. Do not join.
Begin at top of head:

Rd. 1 Make a magic circle and sc 6 into it. (6sc)
Rd.2 2 sc in next stitch; repeat around (12sc)
Rd. 3 2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next stitch; repeat around (18sc)
Rd. 4-7 sc around
*I usually place the eyes after this round*
Rd. 8 2sc in next stitch, sc in next 2 stitches; repeat around (24sc)
Rd. 9-12 sc around
*I embroider the mouth after these rounds*
Rd. 13 Sc in inside loop only; repeat around (24sc)
Rd. 14 (Continue working in inside loop only)Sc decrease then sc in next 2 stitches; repeat around(18sc)
Rd. 15(Continue working in inside loop only) Sc decrease then sc in next stitch; repeat around(12sc)
*Stuff only until just past the 13 round(where you started working in the inside loop, there should be a definite line)*
Rd. 16 (Continue working in inside loop only)Sc decrease around (6sc)
Fasten off.
I weave my end in and out of each of the remaining 6sc and pull gently until the hole cinches up neatly, then I weave in my end.
If you didn’t fill too full, you should be able to push in the bottom of your bunny for a flat sitting surface.
(I use the 13th round as my guide, it’s the first round of inside loop stitches. I push it in until it reaches that round.)

Ears(make 2)

Ch 15
Rd. 1 Sc in 2nd chain from hook then 12 sc down, 3 sc in last chain space. Working up opposite end of starting chain 12 sc;
3 sc in the beginning chain.

Rd. 2 12 sc; 3 sc next sc; 14 sc; slip stitch in next stitch; fasten off.

*You should a long, wavy oval.*
Tail:
I make a pom-pom and attach to back. You could also use a store bought one too.

9 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pattern!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I made this lil bunny for my fiancée's mom for mother's day b/c she raises rabbits & she absolutely loved it!!!! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,

I'm in Kansas too! Thanks for sharing your patterns. I love your site.

Katie in Kansas

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline

I wish I lived where you are and you could teach me spanish. I've been trying to learn for years now and it just doesn't stay with me. Any tips that you might have for a beginner or just a little more than a beginner to remember how to talk spanish? Any websites that are really good for more than beginners?

Muchas gracias

Cath

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is adorable!

Cornelia Amour said...

Thanks for the pattern! However, I think there is a mistake in this row:

Rd. 8 2sc in next stitch, 2sc in next 2 stitches; repeat around (24sc)

shouldn't it say 2 sc in next stich, 1 sc in next 2 stiches (that's the only way it adds up to 24sc!)

Caroline said...

Hi Sally, Thanks for the comment. It's been corrected. Come back soon!

felaciaOfX said...

About how tall is this when completed? Would it work being revised to something a bit taller? I want to make something that is about 5-6 inches tall and think this could be simple to do with this particular pattern. I'm guessing it is about 2-3 inches finished?