Friday, May 15, 2009

Kansas Pride


Who would've thunk it? here I am a transplanted Puerto rican, who grew up in lush tropical surroundings, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the sunflower. It grows wild here in Kansas, along the highways and sidewalks. How lucky are we?

My oldest son, Austen graduates this Sunday from HS. I have family coming in for a luncheon/party before the ceremony. Wish me luck, I'm super stressed trying to make thngs perfect! I hope I'll have lots of good news to share the day after the big day!!!

3 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

I love sunflowers too. They sre my very favorite. When I used to live with my parents, one of the neighbors would grow them in her front yard. Msn, they would get so tall and do pretty! I would love to live somewhere where they grew wild.

Congrats on your son's big day!

Gloria P. said...

congrats to the grad and have a wonderful time with your family!

Yarnjeannie said...

Very pretty!