Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sababdo, el quinto de marzo......

Ever wish for one of those lazy Saturdays where there was no plan? No errands? No obligations?
Well, this is not one of them for our family. This first week of march is always so hectic because both of my big kids' bdays are in the same week! I love to take my time with bdays relax, make the favorite meal, sing "Happy Birthday", meander, open gifts, wander, eat cake, but sometimes during this week it seems we're just throwing cake and gifts at each other. We are driving to see oldest DS today to help celebrate his 20th. I made cupcakes and we're going to take him for lunch. DD's 18 is Monday and its still being planned, but I think chicken Parmesan and strawberry cake are on the menu!

Some projects on the horizon.....

Here is the plan for DD college afghan. I made one for Austen here: As you can see, they will not be attending the same university. Ahhhh.......a house divided.


I am also working on this cowl called the "Gap-tastic" Cowl. You can find the pattern here, The yarn is "Charisma" from Loops and Threads(a Michael's brand) and so far I love it. squish-a-licious and so easy to work with. I'll let you know how it wears.

1 comment:

Libby said...

I must check out that line of Loops & Threads yarn. It sure is working into a fabulous cowl.

And, I'm quite impressed with the college afghans. The first one you made is gorgeous and I know this one will be too. Your kids are blessed to have such a crafty mom. :-)