Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Free knitting pattern-Loop-dee-loop cowl


by Caroline Chrisco


Materials:
Size 8 knitting needles
2 skeins (approximately) Vanna White by Lionbrand

Cast on 30(I used the long-tail cast-on)
Row 1-Knit
Row 2-knit until all yarn is gone(leave yourself enough to bind of with and enough to whipstitch the ends of the scarf together.)
Last Row- Let 5 stitches drop off needle
Bind off the next 20 stitches
Drop the last 5 stitches.
Fringe: Gently pull the dropped stitches free all the way down each side of the scarf. Don’t go too fast, you’ll get a knotted mess. Coax them gently free of the bound off stitches.
Finishing: Stitch the narrow ends of the scarf together, to create a large continuous oval. Weave in ends. Wear wrapped as desired.

4 comments:

P'cess said...

So cute! I'm pretty sure I have some bulky yarn to make one of these! Thanks for the pattern!

Mereknits said...

Hi Caroline I am a new follower and want to say thanks for this great pattern. My husband played football at Kansas, back in the day when they were really good. I am a Jayhawk fan by marriage.
Thanks again, Meredith

Tina said...

That is so cute, thank you for sharing your pattern!! <3 I just got out a sweater yesterday; I started knitting over three years ago. I don't know why I stay away from knitting for so long, I just love it..

Anonymous said...

Question: approximately how long is the piece before you begin to bind off?